18-24 hours per week
$17.50-$20 an hour, based on experience
Contract until December 18, 2018
Application Deadline: August 3rd, 10pm
We anticipate that half of your hours will be 'fixed' shifts in the Glad Day space, and half will be 'flex' shifts which can be done in our space or from home.
Glad Day currently hosts over 75 events every month. We are looking for an events coordinator whose primary workload would be:
- Responding to and coordinating all requests for event bookings and space rentals at Glad Day (40% of your workload)
- Attending, hosting and supporting key events in the space (35% of your workload)
- Creating, planning and successfully hosting 4-6 new, Glad Day branded events per month with a focus on revenue generating events. This includes one new monthly signature weekend party that will generate $3000 net revenue (25% of your workload)
NOTE: For the right candidate who is seeking full-time work, there is the possibility that bartending, book selling or kitchen shifts could be added to bring you up to full-time employment.
EVENT COORDINATION - BOOKING REQUESTS
- Respond to all event requests and related emails within 36 hours
- Communicate quickly, clearly, and efficiently over email
- Coordinate and support all event bookings as needed
- Assess the priority and value of current and future events based on our organizational vision, commitment to community and financial goals
EVENT COORDINATION - GLAD DAY PROGRAMMED EVENTS
- Create and implement a new financially successful monthly weekend party
- Implement and support events that are delegated to you
- Reach out to diverse cultural communities to support responsive, inclusive, reciprocal and dynamic cultural programming
- Work with the bookstore team to support literary events and programming
- Support all major campaigns, events and festivals
PEOPLE & COMMUNITY
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date calendar of events for the public
- Develop positive relationships with our customers and communities
- Foster a sex-positive, anti-racist environment
- Be committed to an ongoing anti-oppression and self-reflection practice
- Work with the General Manager, Marketing & Promotions Coordinator and the rest of our team to promote events effectively
- Work with the General Manager and key Board of Directors members to ensure that our event programming reflects our organizational priorities
- Work collaboratively and positively with staff and volunteers in a creative, solutions-focused and inclusive environment
All candidates must:
- Have at least 3 years of event organizing experience
- Be available to respond to emails within 36 hours on a regular basis
- Have organized events with over 200 attendees
- Be available weekends and evenings to support events
- Have previous experience with the LGBTQ community in an employment, lived experience or volunteer capacity
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following:
- Have organized events with budgets over $10,000
- Significant and varied leadership experience
- Bar or restaurant experience
- Bookstore or retail experience
- Education, certification and training in a directly relevant field
- Experience with anti-oppression and anti-racism frameworks
- A complex understanding of sex-positive workplaces and community spaces
- The ability to speak or sign languages other than English
Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Successful applicants will be sent an additional written task to complete before an interview is scheduled.
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants we will not be responding to all applications.
Glad Day strives to have a staff that reflects the diversity of our communities. We strongly encourage you to identify in your cover letter if you consider yourself to be part of a racialized or marginalized group.
PLEASE NOTE: Glad Day is an equal opportunity employer. We are happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.