$40,000-$43,000 per year (based on experience)
Health and dental benefits and additional vacation available
Glad Day is a bookstore, restaurant, coffee shop, cocktail bar, dance club, event space and community hub.
This is a good entry-level position for someone who has recently completed education in a directly relevant College or University program. It is also an ideal position for someone with at least 3 years of administration experience.
Glad Day is a fragile but expansive business with limited funds; this job is for someone who likes a challenge, is able to adapt quickly, can make great things happen with limited resources, is highly organized and thrives in a dynamic, unpredictable workplace.
- Data entry and tracking of accounts payable and receivable using Quickbooks software
- Follow up with all outstanding accounts receivable
- Prepare monthly financial reports, identify trends and outliers
- Work with our accountant to prepare quarterly and yearly reports
- Identify cost cutting measures and system efficiencies
- Day-to-day banking tasks, such as deposits, floats, counts
- Support whole business infrastructure such as incident reports, human resources administration, licensing, insurance, health and safety, etc
- Monitor, respond to or forward all incoming mail, email and phone communications
- Many other administrative tasks and responsibilities, as needed
- Monitor and manage our non-book merchandise revenue stream
- Take a leadership role organizing our long term book stock storage area
- Lead or support an expansion of online sales revenue stream
- Be prepared to take on significant responsibility as we develop new projects and initiatives
TEAMWORK & COMMUNITY
- Support the labour and projects of the General Manager and CEO
- Support other staff who are the lead contact for suppliers
- Support other staff who track and monitor stock levels
- Take a leadership role with whole-facility maintenance and improvements
- Support all large projects, as needed (Festivals, caterings, large orders, etc)
- Support our formal and informal partnerships with other organizations
- Work with the Board of Directors financial committee, as needed
- Foster a sex-positive, anti-racist environment
- Be committed to an ongoing anti-oppression and self-reflection practice
The ideal candidate will have 3 or more of the following:
- Completed education and training in a directly related field
- At least 3 years experience in business administration
- Supported financial tracking of yearly budgets over $500,000
- Supported the administration of a workplace with over 10 employees
- Experience with Quickbooks software
- Restaurant, bar or retail experience
- Experience with anti-oppression and anti-racism frameworks
- A complex understanding of sex-positive workplaces and community spaces
- The ability to speak or sign languages other than English
Send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
DEADLINE: Saturday October 6th, 5pm
Please note: Due to the high volume of applicants we will not be responding to all applications.
Glad Day strives to have a staff that reflects the diversity of our communities. We strongly encourage you to identify in your cover letter if you consider yourself to be part of a racialized or marginalized group.
PLEASE NOTE: Glad Day is an equal opportunity employer. We are happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.