BOOK AN EVENT AT GLAD DAY
Our new space has epic potential for hosting all sorts of events!
The events we love to host most often are:
- Book Launches
- Birthday Parties
- Dance Parties
- Crafting Groups
But really we are open to almost anything! Here are some specs to help you decide if the Glad Day space is right for you:
- Front entrance and main floor bathroom are wheelchair accessible
- Maximum capacity is 240 people
- Food menu and catering available in-house
- Table seating for 40+ people in the front and bookstore area (can be increased)
- Row seating for events of 80+ people (can be increased)
- Sound system and small stage for performances and dance parties
For most events, there is no cost for use of space if the space remains open to the public. However, based on when you need the space and how it will be used, there may be fees or minimum purchase requirements.
TO BOOK AN EVENT SEND AN EMAIL TO:
events @ gladday.ca
In your email, please specify:
- Is the event open to the public?
- What are your expected numbers?
- What are your ideal dates?
- Is this a book or literary event?
- What previous success have you had in planning similar events?
Other notes on event accessibility:
- If you want to provide ASL at your event, we may be able to share some of those costs with you based on your community outreach plan.
- There is street parking in front of 499 Church, with room for two vehicles with an accessible parking permit just north of the designated street parking area, which is often available. There is also a Green P parking lot across from Wellesley TTC station.
- The nearest TTC station that is wheelchair accessible is Bloor-Yonge.
- We encourage people to be scent-free at all events. We use natural and low or no scent cleaning products whenever possible.