Part Time Bookkeeper
Glad Day- Toronto, ON
Glad Day Bookshop is expanding to a larger location at 499 Church Street and will be adding a coffee shop and cocktail bar to our business model. We are looking to add an experienced and passionate Bookkeeper to our dynamic team!
Glad Day Bookshop is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage you to identify in your cover letter if you consider yourself to be part of a racialized or marginalized group.
This position will work closely with the General Manager and the Bookstore Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will provide administrative/clerical/bookkeeping support to both the bookstore and the restaurant
- Clerical duties such as data entry and filing
- Bookkeeping including A/P, A/R, bank reconciliations, and all financial statements
Skills and Specifications
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping
- Knowledge of QuickBooks software
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Should have strong organizational and communication skills
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in an environment requiring discretion and confidentiality
- Strong understanding of full cycle accounting and knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following:
- Previous experience with the LGBTQ community in an employment or volunteer capacity
- A degree in accounting or business administration would be an asset, with at least two years experience in a retail and restaurant environment.
Hours are flexible (Approximately 10-15 hours a week)
This is a part-time position that offers a competitive wage.
The salary will be based on the candidate’s experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to:
In the subject line of your email, include the Word BOOKKEEPER
The deadline for applications is October 3rd.
The starting date for this position could be as early as mid-October and we will discuss with the ideal candidates the options and logistics around schedule as we finalize our renovation and opening plans.
We will contact successful applicants with a request for them to fill out an additional questionnaire before scheduling interviews.
Glad Day is an equal opportunity employer, which values diversity in the workplace. We are therefore happy to accommodate any individual needs in keeping with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation in order to participate in the hiring process, please contact us to make your needs known in advance.
Some examples may include:
Alternate formats for communication material
Technical aids/assistive devices
Interview scheduling to accommodate a religious holiday