Glad Day Bookshop
Salaried, Full-Time Position
Glad Day Bookshop is expanding to a larger location on Church Street and will be adding a coffee shop and cocktail bar to our business model. We are looking for a creative, driven, dynamic, optimistic and innovative leader to join our team as we expand to this new model and space.
Glad Day Bookshop is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage you to identify in your cover letter if you consider yourself to be part of a racialized or marginalized group.
This position will work closely with the Bookstore Manager and the Café Manager. The Café Manager is primarily responsible for daytime sales & service, whereas the Bar Manager is primarily responsible for nighttime sales and service.
SUPPLY & SALES
- Order, monitor and manage all aspects of stock, including control, storage and loss prevention
- Develop, manage, track and maintain positive, professional and beneficial relationships with suppliers
- Work with the Board of Directors to establish and work within budgets
- Develop, monitor and report on beverage sales, costs and profit
- Handle cash, deposits, till, floats, end of day financials, etc
- Develop a supply chain that meets our vision and values
- Work with our mixology team to develop a high quality, unique and innovative drink menu
- Embrace new technological opportunities as they become available
- Train bar staff in all aspects of bar sales, mixology and service
SAFETY & LICENSING
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all times
- Train and monitor staff to comply with fire, health, safety and hygiene standards and regulations
- Stay current with relevant legislation regarding licensing, alcohol sales, safety standards and other regulations
- Contract, manage and supervise security staff
- Keep all workspaces and storage areas clean and well organized
PEOPLE & COMMUNITY
- Provide the highest quality customer service at all times
- Develop positive relationships with our customers and community
- Foster a sex-positive, anti-racist and anti-oppressive environment
- Be committed to an ongoing anti-oppression and self-reflection practice with a focus on reducing how discrimination based on race, gender expression, ability and mental health manifests itself in bar and restaurant settings
- Train, manage, mentor, schedule and support bar staff members
- Work with our team to create and support special events, cultural programming and sales
- Use your position to support large organizational initiatives & projects
- Work collaboratively and positively with staff and volunteers in a creative, solutions-focused and inclusive environment
All candidates must:
- Have previous bar management experience
- Have at least 3 years of bar or restaurant experience
- Be available to work evenings, late nights and weekends
- Have previous experience with the LGBTQ community in an employment or volunteer capacity
The ideal candidate will have some or all of the following:
- Significant and varied management experience
- Over 5 years of bar or restaurant experience
- Experience with hand-crafted drinks and mixology as well as an ability to learn new techniques and expand skills
- Education, certification and training in a directly relevant field
- A valid driver’s license and access to a car
- Experience with the Maitre’D POS system
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills
- Experience with anti-oppression and anti-racism frameworks
- A complex understanding of sex-positive workplaces and community spaces
- A complex understanding of gender and gender identity
- Experience in a leadership role that prioritized listening, flexibility, adaptability and collaboration
- The ability to speak or sign languages other than English
This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary.
The salary will be based on the candidate’s experience, meeting sales targets and their choice of health, dental, pension and insurance packages.
DEADLINE AND START DATE
The deadline for applications is August 3rd.
The starting date for this position could be as early as mid-August and we will discuss with the ideal candidates the options and logistics around schedule as we finalize our renovation and opening plans.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your resume and cover letter to:
In the subject line of your email, include the phrase BAR MANAGER
If you are applying for more than one position with us, you must submit separate applications for each position.
We will contact successful applicants with a request for them to fill out an additional questionnaire before scheduling interviews.