CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Writers, Publishers & Literary Community Members
November 11, 12 & 13
This November, Glad Day Bookshop & Glad Day Lit are proud to present NAKED HEART - The LGBTQ Festival of Words. This 3 day event in the Church & Wellesley neighbourhood of Toronto includes workshops, panels, performances & discussions for writers and lovers of words. Launched in 2015, Naked Heart is already the largest LGBTQ literary festival in the world.
To establish a yearly Canadian LGBTQ literary festival that amplifies love, language & freedom.
- Strengthen literacies and the literary community of LGBTQ people.
- Create spaces for people to find new work, new opportunities, new friends and new lovers.
- Increase supports for underrepresented identities, experiences and forms of language.
- Build bridges between people of different generations and cultures in the LGBTQ community.
- Use story as a catalyst to resist oppression, explore desire, increase love & heal trauma for anyone whose gender or sexual identity doesn’t fit society’s narrow limits and expectations.
We are currently seeking writers (fiction, poetry, spoken word, non-fiction, song, film, theatre, experimental, comedy, and more!) or people who are involved in communities or industries that support the creative work of words. All presenters will receive a complimentary festival pass as well as an honourarium. There are also some funds available to help cover travel and accessibility costs. ASL will be provided in one venue for the full day on November 12th and 13th. All event spaces are wheelchair accessible.
If you have something to offer, let us know! It takes less than 5 minutes to fill out the submission, just click here:
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION IS SEPTEMBER 15th, 2016.
If it turns out your submission is not a match for this year's program, we will work to have you included in future Glad Day events.